The Human Resource Manager will run the daily functions of the Human Resource (HR) department including interviewing and on-boarding staff, assisting with management of compensation/benefits/leave, and enforcing company policies and practices.
- Maintain US Citizenship.
- Obtain Security Clearance.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Desire to work as a team with a result driven approach.
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related law, regulations and best practices.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the organizations HRIS (Paylocity) and talent management systems.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required.
- Five plus years of experience in human resources positions.
- SHRM-CP a plus.
- Experience in Paylocity preferred.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift 25 pounds at times.
Affirmative Action/EEO statement
It is the policy of Vadum to provide for and promote equal employment opportunity in employment compensation and other terms and conditions of employment without discrimination based on age, race, creed, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, Vietnam Era Veteran status, genetic predisposition, or carrier status.
Vadum is committed to assuring equal employment opportunity and equal access to services, programs and activities for individuals with disabilities. It is the policy of Vadum to provide reasonable accommodation to a qualified individual with a disability to enable such individual to perform the essential functions of the position for which he/she is applying or in which he/she is employed. Further, it is the policy of Vadum to provide reasonable accommodation for religious observers.
The policy applies to all employment practices and actions. It includes, but is not limited to, recruitment, job application process, examination and testing, hiring, training, disciplinary actions, rate of pay or other compensation, advancement, classification, transfer, reassignment and promotions.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.