Vadum Inc. is seeking a highly motivated senior radio frequency (RF) and electromagnetics (EM) hardware design engineer with a strong technical background in architecting leading-edge system solutions, developing high-performance circuitry, testing and evaluation, and designing for environmental and manufacturing variations. This person will play a leading role in the business strategy and development of complex RF sensors, radars, measurement equipment, and electro-mechanical products for military applications. The position requires creativity, initiative, analytical thinking, solid organizational abilities, and interpersonal skills to facilitate effective interactions with internal and external customers.
- Participate in all phases of development life cycle (requirements, systems and circuit design, integration, evaluation, and manufacturing activities).
- Work in a matrixed team environment to define, lead, design, and take ownership of end-to-end solutions for advanced R&D projects.
- Write technical proposals and calculate estimates in support of applied research.
- Independently develop solutions such as frequency plans, system architectures, frequency synthesis, amplifiers, transceivers, radios, antenna, and transducers with accommodations for mechanical assembly integration.
- Design and simulate circuits; select components; layout and prototype PCBs; assemble, debug, and bench and field test prototypes.
- Coordinate aspects of the project to meet technical, schedule, and cost goals.
- Operate with broad direction and require minimal supervision.
Skills & Experience desired:
- Superior technical knowledge in an electrical engineering discipline.
- Track record for putting products into production.
- Proficiency using electronic design software.
- Experience with test equipment and a rigorous ability to troubleshoot circuitry.
- Familiarity with rugged military electronic systems and/or military applications a plus.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong initiative, attention-to-detail, highly organized, and personal commitment to quality.
- Ability to work well on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to articulate and explain design strategy and decisions.
Required – BS EE, with 10+ years of product development experience
Education Desired – MS EE, with 10+ years in product development including manufacturing interactions
This position requires a Dept. of Defense security clearance and is therefore open only to:
- United States Citizens
- Permanent Residents already in possession of a Dept. of Defense security clearance.
The Department of Defense handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement.
WE DO NOT ACCEPT RESUMES FROM SEARCH FIRMS