FLSA Classification: Exempt
Reports to: Technical Program Manager
Successful Systems Engineers effectively balance their time between working closely with the key technical team members to understand the technology underpinning core Vadum products, and business area leads to drive new opportunities and providing internal feedback obtained from the customer. Systems Engineers serve as trusted technical consultants, influencing customer and Vadum technical direction to ensure mutual long-term success. We expect all of our team to honor our core values of Having a Growth Mindset, Success Through Collaboration, and Commitment to Solution Delivery.
Customer interface, requirements development, design reviews, and technical interchanges, and all aspects of prototype/product system development, test, integration, demonstration, and evaluation.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Experience developing and implementing real-time system architectures for one or more of the following applications: signal detection, geolocation, modulation/demodulation of modern digital communications waveforms, beamforming, adaptive array processing, radar range and Doppler processing, spread spectrum and or MIMO communications
- Experience programming in a high-level programming language (e.g. C, C++, Python, MATLAB etc.)
- Experience with measurement or test applications and Software-Defined Radios (SDRs)
- Understanding of FPGAs
- Experience integrating prototype RF systems for one or more of the following domains: communications, radar, signals intelligence, or electronic warfare
- Designs and documents hardware, software and interface specifications
- Maintain US Citizenship
- Technical knowledge of RF/communications, Radar, and associated applications
- Technical background in digital signal processing techniques and implementation
- Working independently with little direction on day-to-day tasks
- Prioritizes and manages own workflow on multiple projects while meeting deadlines and exceeding expectations
- English Language Competency and effective oral and written communication skills
- Flexible and adaptable to changing responsibilities; able to deal with ambiguity, to accept and manage risks, and to learn quickly.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, or related field required.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift 15 pounds at times.
- United States Citizens only.
This position requires the ability to obtain a Department of Defense security clearance. The DoD handles and adjudicates the security clearance process; there are no costs for the applicant. Security clearance factors include allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement.
Affirmative Action/EEO statement
It is the policy of Vadum to provide for and promote equal employment opportunity in employment compensation and other terms and conditions of employment without discrimination based on age, race, creed, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, Vietnam Era Veteran status, genetic predisposition, or carrier status.
Vadum is committed to assuring equal employment opportunity and equal access to services, programs and activities for individuals with disabilities. It is the policy of Vadum to provide reasonable accommodation to a qualified individual with a disability to enable such individual to perform the essential functions of the position for which he/she is applying or in which he/she is employed. Further, it is the policy of Vadum to provide reasonable accommodation for religious observers.
The policy applies to all employment practices and actions. It includes, but is not limited to, recruitment, job application process, examination and testing, hiring, training, disciplinary actions, rate of pay or other compensation, advancement, classification, transfer, reassignment and promotions.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.