Vadum is seeking a Senior Signal Processing Engineer/Scientist to develop machine learning and complex signal processing algorithms. The individual should be capable of leading efforts or playing a key roll in a variety of machine learning and algorithm development for next-generation applications; including radar, detection, classification, compression, fusion and encryption.
Responsibilities may include:
- Participate in the development of innovative detection, estimation and classification algorithms and techniques for advanced applications.
- Develop algorithms that interface with signal level sensor models.
- Develop signal processing algorithms, waveforms and techniques that exploit and optimize radar, radio and EW architectures that take advantage of advanced radio frequency and processing technology.
- Participate in modeling efforts aimed at studying the behavior of advanced architectures in unique and challenging scenarios.
- Perform concept and performance trade studies and demonstrate developed capabilities for sensor applications.
- Develop prototype, and test sensor models and signal processing algorithms in detailed high-fidelity simulations written in C/C and Mat Lab.
- Operate with broad direction and minimal supervision.
- Interact with customers and development partners.
Skills & Experience Required:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, must be able to communicate and document, prepare and give briefings to customers and development partners.
- Demonstrated capability to estimate workloads, schedule projects, and execute to schedule.
- Develop and prototype algorithms.
- Knowledge of programming languages (such as C/C, Matlab, Python, Simulink).
- Ability to contribute in a team environment to develop creative solutions to technical challenges.
- Coursework and/or experience with digital signal processing, probability theory, stochastic signal processing and electromagnetic theory.
Knowledge of any of the following desired:
- Electronic Warfare systems.
- Radar, waveforms, radar signal processing.
- Communication Simulators, Communications Jamming.
- Wireless communication systems.
- Knowledge of Deep Learning, CNN, Random Forest, Support Vector Machine, Adaptive Neural Networks, Belief Propagation, other machine learning algorithms.
Education Required: MS or above in Engineering, Physics or Mathematics or related
This position requires a Dept. of Defense security clearance and is therefore open only to:
- United States Citizens
- Permanent Residents already in possession of a Dept. of Defense security clearance.
The Department of Defense handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement.